Owning a boat is a significant financial undertaking. It’s worth protecting this major investment from common perils (e.g., accidents, theft, fire, and storms) with tailored boat insurance coverage. Unfortunately, you can’t predict when a catastrophe will strike, but you can prepare yourself for any possible situation before heading out on the water.
SkiSafe is one of the industry's leading programs. We exclusively service the boat and PWC/jet ski community. This affords broad experience, robust industry knowledge, and unique perspectives.
We offer a range of coverage options for ski & wake inboards, center consoles, inboard motor yachts, pontoons, PWC/jet skis, sailboats, sportfishing boats, and more! With more than 500,000 insured customers and 40+ years of experience serving the boating community, SkiSafe is one of the best boat insurance companies in the industry.
» MORE: Best Boat Insurance
Best Policy Discounts
With SkiSafe, you can insure your boat against damage and loss caused by common risks, without breaking the bank. Policyholders are afforded a wide array of discounts that can provide immediate savings, along with extra perks that lower costs over time.
Here are some discounts that cut costs on boat insurance premiums.
- Winter Layup Discount: If your vessel is laid up for consecutive months during the winter season, we can offer significant savings on the policy. Not only will this save you money, but it will also keep you protected throughout the entire year.
- Multi-Policy Discount: Maximize savings when you maintain multiple policies with SkiSafe (boat or PWC/jet ski).
- Safe Driver Discount: Boaters who remain accident-free on land can also cut costs on the water.
- Boat Safety Course: SkiSafe will apply a discount to customers who complete a certified boat safety course.
- Navigable Waters Discount: Boaters who navigate exclusively in certain protected waters may be eligible for a discount with SkiSafe.
Incentive Programs and Additional Perks
- Exclusive USA Water Ski & Wake Sports Member Program: SkiSafe™ and USA Water Ski & Wake Sports have partnered to provide a discount program for all USA Water Ski & Wake Sports members.
- Disappearing Deductible: Optional add-on that rewards accident-free boaters with lower insurance deductibles.
- Experience: New boaters or those with limited experience can start saving after a few years of owning and handling watercraft.
Best Variety Of Coverage
When it comes to coverage, SkiSafe offers a variety of packages and policy features.
Boaters can choose a package that’s tailored to the boat type, value, age, or coverage level needed. There is also a selection of optional add-ons to further customize coverage.
SkiSafe offers many standard coverage options, including:
"All Risk" - Fire, Theft, Collision
“All Risk” provides coverage for any risk that the policy does not explicitly exclude. This means it includes coverage for common perils like fire, theft, collision, and more.
Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability
Bodily injury liability provides protection if you’re in an accident and liable for injuring others. Property damage liability can help you pay to repair or replace others’ watercraft or property you have damaged while boating.
Medical payments coverage may help pay for the medical bills of your guests and other third parties if someone is injured in an accident involving your boat.
Personal Property & Equipment
Personal property coverage can protect against accidental, direct loss, or damage to certain portable equipment and gear aboard your boat. This type of coverage refers to unattached items on the boat - such as fishing equipment, portable electronics, and other personal items.
Towing & Roadside Assistance
Towing and roadside assistance is a type of insurance coverage for towing your boat on land or water. It comes in handy if you need a tow to safe harbor or assistance with a broken trailer.
Every policy can be customized with additional coverage options:
- Hurricane Haul-Out: May pay for a portion of the costs to have a boat hauled and secured in advance of a storm.
- Environmental / Fuel Spill / Pollution: May help you pay for the costs of an accidental fuel spill from a sunken boat, leaking tank, or blunder at a fueling station.
- Cruising Endorsement: Extends coverage into international waters, such as the Bahamas.
- Tenders / Dinghies: Dinghies can sustain damage or theft just like larger boats. Adding coverage for a dinghy is very similar to adding personal property coverage.
- Watersports Coverage: Includes coverage for using the boat in activities like water ski tournaments.
Best for Convenience
As a leading insurer, SkiSafe is constantly expanding its services and capabilities to meet the changing needs of customers. This includes creating a seamless online experience built for self-service. You can get a quote, add/change coverage, report a claim, manage payments, download documents, and more!
- Get a Boat Insurance Quote Online: Getting a boat insurance quote online is fast and easy. You will fill out a form that captures information about the owner and watercraft. You can usually finalize coverage and purchase the policy entirely online. If you have follow-up questions afterward, you can always reach out over the phone, via email, or through the live chat feature on our site.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Boat Insurance?
Boat insurance protects you from a financial loss if the watercraft or personal equipment aboard sustains covered damage or a covered loss. It can also protect against the costs associated with an accident or injury to another person that you’re responsible for.
What’s Not Covered by Boat Insurance?
- Wear and tear
- Intentional damage
- Infestation from inspects, mold, or animals
- Gradual deterioration
- Mechanical/production defects
- Boating beyond navigation limits
Do I Need Boat Insurance?
Even if you don’t use your boat regularly, purchasing boat insurance is a cost-effective way to protect yourself against unexpected events like an accident or natural disaster.
How Much Does Boat Insurance Cost?
Boat insurance prices vary depending on the coverage limits on the policy, along with other factors, such as:
- Past claims
- Driving record
- The type of watercraft
- Other risk factors
Ready to Get Started? Contact SkiSafe Today