If you are in the market for boat insurance, you’re probably wondering how much it’ll cost. We’re here to help with that! Check out our guide below to understand more about how much boat insurance may cost.
FACTORS THAT AFFECT YOUR BOAT INSURANCE COST
There are many factors that can influence the overall cost of your boat insurance policy, including your boat value and coverage options, your driving record and boating experience, and more. See below for a list of some significant components that may determine the price of your boat insurance.
- Value: The more valuable your boat is the more it will cost to insure.
- Driving Record: If you have a clean driving record without any accidents, violations, or claims, your boat insurance rate will be lower.
- Claims: Boat insurance costs will increase depending on your number of claims.
- Safety Courses: Completing a qualified boat safety course can help lower the overall cost of insurance.
- Seasonal Usage: Boating is a seasonal activity for many people. If your boat is not in use during winter or another season you should be eligible for a significant discount.
BOAT INSURANCE DISCOUNTS
There are many ways a boat owner can help reduce the cost of boat insurance. We have rounded up a few common boat insurance discounts below:
- Boating Safety Course Discount: Completing a qualified safety course will not only protect yourself and your guests by making you a safer boater, but should also help you save on boat insurance.
- Clean Driving Record: It goes without saying that a spotless MVR helps you save on car insurance. The same rule goes for boating insurance. If you play by the rules on the road, you are likely to do so on the water as well.
- Navigable Waters Discount: If you navigate your boat in a limited territory, you could save a bundle without giving anything up.
- Layup Discount: If you take your boat out of the water for a certain number of months during the year, you will qualify to receive this discount.
These are some of the many discounts available at SkiSafe. Speak to an underwriter today to see how you could be saving on your boat insurance.
HOW MUCH DOES BOAT INSURANCE COST?
The most basic answer is – it depends. It depends on your craft, the discounts you qualify for, and what coverage you decide to get. It is important to find the right coverage for your budget. At the end of the day, you should be well-protected without over-paying.
FIND OUT YOUR BOAT INSURANCE RATE
The best way to figure out how much boat insurance will cost for your boat is to get a quote. The process is very easy and will only take a few minutes. Click above or call us today at 800-225-6560.