Now that your box is ready for stocking, here are some basics to include:
- Cortisone cream
- Pain relievers
- Benadryl or another antihistamine
- Supply of bandages in various sizes
- Instant cold pack (you’ll likely be out of ice when you need it)
- Gauze pads or a roll of gauze
- Duct tape and scissors
- Tweezers, thread, and a fine needle
- Clean towel
Be sure to regularly check your kit to see if any supplies need restocking. Of course, a first aid kit and its contents are not medical advice, but rather a safe approach to help care for you and your guests before professional medical treatment is available.
Hopefully you will not ever have to use the first aid kit, but it is better to be prepared. A great day of boating includes peace-of-mind.