SkiSafe is a leading provider of recreational boat insurance exclusively serving the boat and jet ski/PWC community. Unlike general insurance providers, the industry-specific expertise of our team helps people get the coverage they need to protect their watercraft, personal property, and finances with confidence. We have served as a resource for boaters across the country for over 40 years and continue to do so today.
How We’re Different
Coverage Made Easy
No need to fill out dozens of forms and speak with dozens of different people — with SkiSafe’s modern insurance tools and easy online system, you can get a quote and obtain coverage in minutes.
Already covered by SkiSafe? You can manage virtually all aspects of your policy online as well. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Adding and/or changing coverage
- Making a payment
- Reporting a claim
- Managing additional insureds and lienholders
- Changing address or craft location
Insurance Advice That Puts Customers First
With a combination of in-house, marine-expert underwriters and network of licensed insurance agents (plus plenty of insightful articles on our blog), we’ve got the answers to your questions. It’s up to you whether you want to talk to someone directly or do some research on your own. Either way, we’ve got you covered.
At SkiSafe, we don’t just sell insurance—we offer you our industry knowledge and experience. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that we only insure watercraft, meaning your insurance journey will be clear, flexible, and offer what you want. Our underwriters start by listening to you and your needs. We will take a look at your specific circumstances to identify coverage options.
Who We Serve
We specialize in serving personal watercraft and boat owners across the country - from New York to California, and all points between.
No matter what state you’re in, you’ll be able to get best-in-class insurance for:
- Bass outboard boats
- Center console boats
- Motor yachts and power cruisers
- Traditional pontoons, tri-toons, and luxury pontoons
- Personal watercraft
- Sailing vessels
- Tow boats
- Luxury watercraft
What We Offer
We know boats. And we know insurance. So, when you choose to trust your watercraft with us, you will be confident that we can determine what coverage is right for you.
Whether you’re a PWC owner looking for basic coverage or need protection for a large yacht with complex risks, we have the flexibility and coverage options to provide a customized policy that fits your needs.
- "All Risk" Coverage for common perils like fire, theft, collision and more.
- Bodily Injury Liability if you’re in an accident and liable for injuring others.
- Property Damage Liability to repair or replace others’ watercraft or property you damaged while boating.
- Medical Payments Coverage for the medical bills of your guests and other third parties if someone is injured in an accident involving your boat.
- Personal Property and Equipment for accidental, direct loss or damage to certain portable equipment and gear aboard your boat.
- Environmental / Fuel Spill / Pollution Coverage for a sunken boat, leaking tank, or blunder at a fueling station.
- Towing and Roadside Assistance Coverage if you need a tow to safe harbor or assistance with a broken trailer.
- Named Storm Coverage for damage caused by a tropical depression, storm, or hurricane named by the National Weather Service.
- Hurricane Haul-Out Coverage to have a boat hauled and secured in advance of a storm.
- Cruising Endorsement for boating into international waters.
- Dinghy Coverage for sustained damage or theft.
- Water Sport Coverage for water ski tournaments and similar activities.
Other Tools and Services
- Online Tools and Portals: 24/7/365 access to manage your boat insurance account online.
- Claims Services: Our in-house claims team is made up of specialists in the industry we insure. If you have an open claim, you can be assured that the claims team will handle it accurately and efficiently.
- Blog: We’ll admit it, boat insurance can be confusing at times. We’re here to help you find the information you’re looking for, so our blog is available to you anytime you need it. Our goal is to make it easier to understand policies, prevent claims, and answer questions.